Monday, August 10, 2026

Thoughts from a Random Mind 

 

            Does the church ask too often for money? I’ve had discussions in church board meetings regarding one way to go about raising money, let’s say for a building program or a renovation project. Those particular people didn’t want to hear about it. I laid it all out and the financial guy moaned and groaned about the whole trusting in the Lord deal. My feeling is this: if the Lord’s in it it cannot and will not fail. You lay your need before God and lay out the proposed project before the congregation. Then you tell the people to pray to the Lord regarding their participation. From that point it is between the people and God. If you place your faith and trust in God you will succeed; if you place your faith and trust in human effort, chances are you will fail. Lay it before the Lord. The folks I’ve encountered didn’t act like sold out believers in Christ at all. They rejected the whole ‘relying on the Lord’ as antiquated & impractical. But aren’t we, as representatives in a lost and dying world supposed to BE like Christ as much as it is within us with the help of the Holy Spirit? Not according to this “Christian” church.

            Do churches ask for money too often? I know the whole biblical concept of tithing, yet I don’t really hear it preached very much nowadays. Isn’t that part of what a Pastor’s duty is; to instruct the people? Churches don’t seem to be praying for the will of God, or at least that’s the way it appears to me. Now I’d like to think that is the exception rather than the rule, and it seems to happen more in the main line orthodox churches more than the evangelical churches. 

            There is a great divide between believers who work at acting in the spirit realm and those who believe that is passe’. Churches that live by a liturgy rather than allowing the Holy Spirit to have His way in the church service are missing out on one of the most exhilarating experiences a believer can have. The plan I proposed required faith and trust in an unseen source. Those who PLAY church rather than work at getting closer to God are wasting their own time as a placid believer. Do churches even hear from the Lord anymore?

            Until next time, walk with the King & be a blessing.

In His Name & for His Glory,

RL Keller

Bread of Life Ministries

Disclaimer: I feel compelled to say that I am keenly aware of many churches that have gifted pastors and churches that do their level best with the Spirits help to live as God would have them live; therefore, this is a “if the shoe fits wear it” posting. rlk

No comments:

Post a Comment