Thursday, August 6, 2015

MY TAKE ON THINGS


       I read a brief article that had been emailed to me the other day.  One line caught my attention.  The writer said we were “in the midst of a hostile take over in America.”  It essentially said the modern day terrorists are using unmitigated violence in the name of religion and it was already here in the US.  I don't see it that way.  While I do see middle eastern looking individuals all over, I find it hard to believe they are all going to one day collectively rise up and take all free men as prisoners.  Am I naïve?  I hope not.  But if God is greater than any force known to man.  No terrorist or nuclear attack can stop God when he decides to move on our behalf.  I have chosen not to fret or become fearful.  I simply refuse to live in fear!  We are called repeatedly throughout scripture not to fear.  If I must someday die for my faith then it is God’s will and I cannot stop it from taking place.  I have decided that while I will make myself generally aware of what is transpiring around the world, I will not immerse myself in it, but rather continue to learn of the things of the Lord and attempt to imitate Christ in my daily life.  That is how I can be the most productive for the kingdom.  Planting and watering seeds is my mission.  Being a conduit for the Lord is my aim.  Let the devil do his worst, I will stand tall on my convictions believing that in the end I will be with the Lord for all eternity. rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment