Tuesday, December 15, 2015

AT LAST!!!

     Our big holiday push is over before it began.  Some SNAFU at the customer with an improperly programed e-coupon caused them to lose millions in sales or something like that.  So I am home today and we are going to our normal 8 hr per day schedule starting immediately.  Plus we have Christmas Eve and Christmas Day OFF.  That's a biggie, cause for a while it was looking like working thru the holiday was going to be mandatory.  Yeah, they can do that.  So we get a big break and I couldn't be happier.  We've only had 8 days off since the beginning of September and it had already gotten way old.  
    So now I can focus on the season that brings me the most joy.  Thanksgiving and Christmas!!  The house and tree are decorated and in the words of American Humorist Jean Shepherd*, "all was right with the world."
     In case I don't get back on here prior to Christmas, have a blessed Christmas and may the true meaning of the holiday draw you even closer to the author of life that you may have a glorious and productive life in the name of Christ! rlk 
*I grew up listening to Jean Shepherd on WOR radio in NYC when I was growing up.  He was the author of In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash & the inspiration for the 1983 Christmas classic, A Christmas Story. Jean is the narrator for the film.  

No comments:

Post a Comment