Tuesday, July 4, 2017

#Like is the new Love

My wife and I were just in the AVENUE women's clothing store a few hours ago and I spied a tee shirt hanging up with the following printed on the front in big gold letters:

#Like is the new Love

Apparently there is also a saying out there somewhere in some social media vortex that says: 

#Hate is the new Love

What does this mean? I know the world is getting crazier by the minute, but now I guess people are reinventing definitions for words.  I'm confused. So am I supposed to believe that 'love' is no longer 'love', but rather 'like'? So we don't 'love' our wives, parents, children etc, we just 'like' them and that is supposed to mean that we 'love' them?? Or am I just ignorant to what the inventor of this hashtag entry means by this. 

Is it just me or does it seem like people have a problem in recent years saying what they mean and meaning what they say? 

And regarding 'hate', am I supposed to accept that not only is 'like' the new 'love', but so is 'hate'? So whether I 'like' or 'hate' someone it means I really 'love' them? Is that like saying something is 'dope' and that's supposed to be a good thing? I simply don't get it. rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment