Monday, March 13, 2017

THE SHACK

     My wife and I saw the movie version of the book THE SHACK last night and it was wonderful. As with most faith-based movies, there will always be certain Christians who will have a problem with some facet of the movie. I saw a headline online that stated 'Christians site danger is portraying God as a woman'. If you see the movie that portrayal is explained. Later in the movie God portrays himself as a man when a man is needed to minister to Mack (the lead character). I think the way the Trinity was represented was spot on and was made very easy to understand. We both loved it. It made us cry a bit as we identified with feelings and emotions Mack was wrestling with. I read an article about how Sam Worthington had become a Christian a few years back and was interested in continuing to do faith-based, inspiring movies related to God. That's good news because Sam is a very talented actor. I highly recommend this movie to all who wish to get a glimpse into one mans relationship to God and how it grows.  Excellent flick. Go see it. elk

No comments:

Post a Comment