Saturday, August 19, 2017

Common Decency

     Where has common decency and basic civility gone in society today? I am reminded of the rude, crude, raw nature of man nearly every day and I don't have to look any further than the men's bathroom at work. Some would say it's simply a cultural thing, but I don't think so. Sure, we have male workers from many South American countries working there, plus some from areas in Africa and French Haiti. Cultures would certainly be different, but peeing on a toilet seat rather than lifting it up is pure laziness, not a cultural difference.  Splashing yourself with water so as to get it all over the counter top and on the floor isn't a cultural thing, simply uncivilized and inconsiderate behavior. If I did that in their homes I don't think they'd like it one bit. It galls me, but I say nothing because they are unmoved by peoples criticism of their disgusting habits. It's sad to me that so many of our fellow men think nothing of the comfort of others who must also use the same facilities they enjoy. That's it ... just sayin'. rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment