Monday, March 23, 2015

WHY I WRITE WHAT I DO

       Some folks may wonder why my devotional blog can tend to be so heavy laden with instruction and edification and light on encouragement sometimes.  My answer to that is the following:  I live in a region that can tend to be pretty indifferent to God.  It influences what I write.  It is my general feeling that people are not as in tune with the Lord as they could or should be and many times they have no compulsion to draw any closer to God thinking they are just fine in their walk.  I struggle with the daily grind of life like everyone else.  I know what it means to become lazy when it comes to reading God's word or striving to be more like Christ in my daily walk.  My words are meant to get the reader to think.  Consider what I am saying and see if it applies to you.  I'm not writing from the standpoint that I have arrived, but rather that I am struggling too and believe I know how to combat the malaise we fall into at times.  The devil works on us day and night to make us ineffective for God.  We must sidestep his boobytraps and refocus on those things which are most important to us in this life, like God, family, brothers / sisters in Christ and then ourself.  rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment