Tuesday, May 19, 2015

BEING GRATEFUL - THE TEST

       I wrote a devotional on being grateful in all circumstances and that very day I received some startling news.  They were doing away with the 2nd shift (of which I was a part) and having us join the day shift.  I was going from MON-FRI, 2 pm - 10:30 pm to MON-TUE-WED-FRI-SAT, 7 am to 3:30 pm.  To say I was upset was a major understatement.  It took me 2-3 hours to realize that this was a test from the Lord to see if I was able to practice was I was preaching.  My initial response was registered on the negative scale, but I slowly adjusted my attitude and became at peace with it.  By the next day I actually saw benefits to the new schedule.  Did I learn my lesson?  I hope so.  But if not I will have to wrestle with my emotions again.  Good thing God is infinitely patient with us.  rlkeller   

No comments:

Post a Comment