Friday, September 19, 2014

ALEX FROM KENYA

          I've met a wonderful brother in Christ at work who comes from Kenya.  He is a very special individual.  He and I were speaking for a moment and a young hispanic woman overheard us.  She asked what we were talking about.  Alex, the Kenyan, said "we are speaking of God".  She had a quizzical look on her face.  Alex proceeded to say "Do you know Jesus?"  She didn't react, frozen in misunderstanding.  "How is it possible that you do not know my Jesus?"  She turned away and went back to work.  Alex smiled at me and said, "You are blessed my friend. God loves you very much."  The thing I marveled at is that he couldn't understand why everyone didn't know his Jesus.  He has been a wonderful blessing.  I look forward to working with him very much.  
          Alex willingness to speak of Jesus freely makes me wonder what is the matter with me that I am not. I am not embarrassed of Christ, not in the least.  My personality is one of speaking in the form of challenges.  Or am I just creating for myself an excuse.  I'll have to think and pray about this.   rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment