Monday, September 15, 2014

THE WEEKEND

          New week.  Long 12 hour days over the weekend at work.  Startups are rough, but I lived through it.  We got to leave after 8 hrs yesterday and revert to 10 hr shifts starting today, which is also only temporary.  Once we get into our groove we'll be doing our 8 hr 2 pm to 10:30 pm gig.  I can deal with that.  The long hours kept me from doing my devotional Saturday morning.  I don't miss doing them very often, but Saturday was one of those mornings.  
          Bad sports weekend for me.  :  (   ... Giants lost again, Yankees dropped 3 of 4 to the division leading Orioles, Army got shut out 35-0 to Stanford (but seriously, what did you expect), Rutgers played tough but lost to Penn State 13-10 and Texas Tech, who can't seem to stop anyone from scoring, got clubbed by Arkansas 49-28 (Ugh!).  NONE of my teams won this weekend.  Good thing sports are just a diversion and not my life or I might actually be depressed.  It is what it is and there's always next week.  
          In the wake of such athletic disappointment, God is still on His throne and prayer still changes things.  Now if He could just inject some life in that Giant offense (lol).  rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment