Wednesday, April 1, 2015

HOMOSEXUALITY & THE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH

         The Presbyterian Church as a whole passed a resolution to allow gay marriages to be performed in their churches.  I believe it has been left up to each individual church as to whether the head minister would want to perform the ceremony or not.  While touted as a great achievement in the annals of the church as a whole, it is in fact just the opposite.  Homosexuality is a sinful lifestyle.  God loves the sinner but hates the sin.  It's that way with every man, woman and child.  Nowhere that I am aware of does God go back on His stance against homosexuality.  He condemns it in both the Old & New Testament (Leviticus 18:22, 1Timothy 1:8-11).  They are considered law breakers.  The question I have and have always had to those who practice a homosexual lifestyle is: When is a sin no longer a sin?  God never changed His mind, therefore whether man has or not is inconsequential.  I have no problem with gays as people and leave the doling out of the law to God. However, I will always stand up for God's word as I believe it is the lone true standard for living a peaceful, fulfilling life.  I do not hate or judge anyone, nor do I condemn them.  Unfortunately, they have condemned themselves by their own life choices. rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment