Wednesday, April 22, 2015

PICKING & CHOOSING

          I read a portion of an article about a well known TV personality who grew up in a Christian home.  She considers herself a "devout Christian".  I thought, well I didn't know that.  That's great!  She's been through a very difficult time health-wise over the last few years and her faith has helped her immensely.  In the next paragraph I read that she is a lesbian living with a life partner.  I shake my head.  That is a major contradiction.  Both the Old & the New Testament declare that homosexuality is a sin.  This individual must be one of the folks that cannot believe that God would cast into a lake of fire those who say they are Christians yet practice sin.  They obviously don't view homosexuality as sin.  This is a lie from the pit of hell.  If God declares something to be sin, then when is sin not a sin?  When man declares it not to be?  Must be, cause I see no addendum's to the Bible proclaiming that God no longer considers same sex relations to be sinful.  I am not a homophobe, nor do I hate or even dislike homosexuals.  Neither does God hate them.  But He does hate their lifestyle.  Picking and choosing what scriptures you believe, while ignoring either their context or the balance of scripture on a subject is foolhardy at best.  Accept it all as God's word or accept none of it, but don't pick and choose.  You are only fooling yourself.  rlkeller 

No comments:

Post a Comment