Tuesday, November 11, 2014

PEOPLE ARE STRANGE

          Every day I see folks striving to find their true identity.  They dress a certain way, talk a certain way, even carry themselves a certain way. I suppose all this is done to impress others.  God forbid they are just real. 
         I believe I'm a little too real for some folks.  If I'm talking to someone and another person walks up and starts to engage the person I'm speaking with in conversation right in the middle of what we are saying, I think nothing of saying "excuse me, we were talking".  The common response I have received, especially from woman, has been "you don't have to be so mean" or "you're being mean to me".  I hold my tongue, but want very badly to say "oh please, grow up".  
      Belligerent, rude people never seem to think they are in the wrong.  In their effort to find themselves they interrupt, cuss regularly and act in a way that I suppose they think makes them look 'cool'.  And these are folks that range in age from 20-30, give or take a year or two.  This is at my work place.  I tend to tune out most of the gutter slang and profusion of profanity.  I do my job and inject my faith when appropriate and the opportunity arises.  Jim Morrison (lead singer of The Doors, circa 1960's) may have had it right after all ... "people ARE strange" and it's not just when your a stranger. rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment