Friday, November 28, 2014

POST THANKSGIVING OBSERVATION

          Thanksgiving.  It has come and gone.  Food was eaten, football was watched and not one mention of God.  No grace was said.  No talk of the goodness of God.  This is what occurred in the house of a family who doesn't live for the Lord.  They don't go to church and while they believe that a God exists, their belief is contingent on how good things are with them.  That was the scene in the house I was at yesterday.  They weren't ungodly people, they were people without God.  They were unaware of their sin.  They were equally unaware of their need of a savior.  It was a fairly large family gathering of roughly 16 people and no one was interested in discussing Jesus or God or anything of the kind.  Being in Philadelphia Eagle country (Nazareth, PA), most were intent on seeing the Eagles pound the Cowboys into submission (which they did!).  All partook in the feast that was spread out buffet style on big tables in the finished basement of the house.  While it was a very nice, relaxing day, it left me wondering if there was something more I could have done to inject God into the day.  The event didn't really lend itself to any of that, so I let it go.  But I had been praying that God would reveal Himself to family members in a real way and now I have more folks to add to that list.  If I was supposed to say something I failed in my mission, but I didn't feel any conviction or compulsion to do so.  May God reveal Himself in a real and special way to all those across the world who may be seeking something more yet don't know where to look for it.  Amen. rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment