Thursday, November 13, 2014

THE COURT JESTER

          I happen to be an introspective person.  Introspection is self-examination.  I constantly critique my own behavior for the purpose of becoming a better man.  I have a tendency to kid around a lot.  I use sarcasm and a general busting of chops to get a laugh.  It has been said that there are times when folks don't know when I being serious or just kidding around.  While that made me reflect on my behavior nothing struck home better than our facility manager busting chops when he really should have been serious.  Once I saw first hand how annoying and childish it looked to have some one of authority act in such a manner nearly all the time, I realized that this could potentially be what people see when I'm doing pretty much the same thing.  That is not emulating Christ.  I have ratcheted back my silly, sarcastic behavior big time.  I mostly keep my mouth closed.  Oh I still do chime in with a barb or two or perhaps a silly reaction to a funny situation, but I have toned it down a lot.  I don't want to annoy people so I have asked the Holy Spirit to regulate my words and actions so that I more resemble Christ and not a goofy court jester.  rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment