Friday, April 11, 2014

HERE'S WHAT'S NEXT

       Friday is here once again.  The Devils didn't make the playoffs for the second year in a row (NHL - NJ DEVILS; ICE HOCKEY).  We're going to their game against the Islanders tonight in Newark.  Last game is against Boston Sunday afternoon.  Couldn't get tickets.  So the long season winds to a close.  I know the players are very disappointed.  Us too.  Oh well, baseball is next. Go Yankees!!
       Faith and patience go hand in hand.  Our faith isn't supposed to wane the longer things take to come to fruition.  I've been praying for open doors either on the job front or on the ministry front and nothing of any major significance is happening yet.  I know God won't fail me or forsake me.  I trust Him to provide for and sustain me.  So what's the problem?  My humanness.  I get in the way of what God's trying to do.  I am trying to do that which I feel I must do to achieve what I believe God wants me to do.  I am working hard at not getting ahead of Him.  So far, so good.  The next step is my least favorite one ... cold phone calls.  Yuck.  But they must be done if I have any chance of speaking at churches.  Now that I'm no longer coughing my head off, I can start making my calls.  Today is the start.  Go get 'em Tiger.  rlk

No comments:

Post a Comment