Monday, May 5, 2014

Jeanie L's "I'll Try Tomorrow"

       Jean was hit hard by Hurricane Sandy.  She lost her house and everything in it.  Through the Sandy Rescue efforts of our church she ended up coming for service and continues to come.  I introduced myself and over the course of time have had several interesting conversations with her.  When she found out I was a writer she mentioned that she had written a book as well.  "I'll Try Tomorrow" chronicles Jean's life from birth until 2001, when the book was published.  It's a relatively short book; 108 pages and most of the chapters are short.  It's not your typical book, but the story is riveting.  I'm not really sure where you can get a hold of a copy of the book.  I suppose you could email me at rlkeller@breadoflifemin.net with your mailing address and I can get one for you from Jean.  It's worth reading because it tells how someone who grew up with essentially nothing and experienced no love found Christ and saw her life turn around.  If you'd like to read a simple little book that will give you a glimpse into the life of an alcoholic who gives God all the glory for being clean and sober for well over 20 years, let me know and I can get you a copy of Jean's book.  I think she charges $15 or $20 for a copy.  It's a very worthy investment. rlkeller

NEXT TIME:  My Heavenly Encounter with My Mom by Kathy Lester

No comments:

Post a Comment