Wednesday, May 21, 2014

TEBOW, MUELLER & A MOVIE

          I am currently reading Tim Tebow's book Through My Eyes and a biography on the great man of faith George Mueller.  
          Purchased the movie The 5 People You Meet in Heaven.  I had heard it corresponded perfectly with the book, which I just finished reading last week.  Mitch Albom's book was obviously a work of fiction, yet his idea of heaven is pretty skewed*.  It's an interesting read, but I hope people don't honestly believe that heaven is truly as he portrays it.  Okay, I've never been there so I don't know for a fact that it isn't.  But using the Bible as my source, I see nothing there that would indicate Albom's version has an ounce of reality in it.  And that may not have been his intention.  I do like his writing style.  His books do provoke conversation.
          People will believe that which they are comfortable believing.  Scripture can be uncomfortable for us to read and adhere to, but always remember, the Holy Spirit can make it easier if we rely on and listen to His direction.  rlkeller

*Distorted or biased in meaning or effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment