Thursday, July 10, 2014

I LOVE THE LORD

          I love the Lord.  How about you?  If it weren't for Him we'd be bound for an everlasting hell.  But that's not the only reason I love Him.  I was compelled to love Him.  When former Black Panther Eldridge Cleaver speak at my college back in 1979 about his conversion to Christianity, something awoke within me.  I felt a stirring.  God has been stoking that ember ever since, making it a blazing fire for Him.  
          When it's right you know it.  You just do.  Something about that night over 35 years ago seemed very right and while I didn't go forward to receive Christ that night it didn't take long for me to surrender my will over to the Lord.  God has taken very good care of me ever since, just like He said He would.  I've stumbled a time or two and also fallen flat on my face, but rather than be surprised at my lack of good judgement, God lifted me up, dusted me off and pointed me in the right direction all over again.
              You know what's so cool about that?  He'll do the exact same thing for you.  rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment