Monday, August 4, 2014

ANSWERED PRAYER

          An interesting phenomenon took place just the other day that taught me a valuable lesson.  I have been seeking a 40 hour per week job due to the fact that Target treats all employees as part time.  This wasn't explained to me when I was hired.  My hours have gone from 37 to 32 and now to 16.  I was given an offer of employment from another company last week.  It a bit of a drive to get there, but it's more money and a steady 40 hrs per week with the possibility of some OT from time to time.  My weekends would once again be free.  I was hemming and hawing about it and weighing the pros and cons.  I had several trusted friends praying for me re: the situation.  I sought clarity and discernment.  Well when I looked at the schedule for next week and saw 16 hours I was pretty ticked off.  When I got home I was told "I guess they pretty much made your decision for you now didn't they?"  Finally a light went off in my head.  Yes,  I had asked the Lord just that morning to please make my decision abundantly clear to me so I couldn't possibly make a mistake and take the wrong path.  I wanted His will for my life even in my employment.  Yes, it was clear to me now.  I would accept the new offer and move on to this other company.  God knows I can't live on less than 40 hrs. at minimum wage.  He provided exactly what I was looking for.  Undeniable confirmation that the new offer was the one I was to take.  Thank you Lord, for Your patience and mercy.  You answer our cries for wisdom when we need them the most. rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment