Thursday, August 7, 2014

I'M A CUSSIN' FOOL

     Okay, I'm at it again.  When I get frustrated I cuss under my breath or occasionally out loud to myself.  It's one horrible habit that I've struggled with for a long time.  Does it mean I'm not saved?  Of course not.  Cussing wasn't what had my ticket punched for hell prior to salvation and it won't cause me to lose my salvation now.  Having said that though, I don't like this unsavory display, even if it is only to myself.  I don't walk around cussing in front of others like some drunken sot, but cussing is cussing and it needs to stop.  It's a bad habit that I've been asking God to help me break.  Is God failing me?  Not at all.  He doesn't make me cuss, but I know He's not pleased with it.  I know in God's unfailing love and mercy that He forgives me each time because I ask Him to and in the same breathe ask again for Him to purge this habit which spoils my testimony in a most curious way.  While it shows non believers that perfection isn't required to know God intimately, at the same time, it causes confusion.  It can, however, provide an opening to say "Yes, I'm a Christian and I wrestle with some of the same issues and problems you do."  I am still seeking to be free from this ugly habit. rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment