Monday, August 11, 2014

THE WILL OF GOD

          Why is God's will for us as individuals so difficult to find?  His general will to evangelize the world with the gospel and be a living, breathing testimony to God's goodness is clear.  But what of the personal agenda He has set aside for you and me specifically?  God isn't hiding it from us.  The fault must lie within us.  What are we missing?
          I know I allow myself to get very easily distracted when it comes to anything important like seeking God's wisdom or discernment.  This is why I am a proponent of prayers that are to the point and not long winding road prayers.  My concentration level is lousy.  I need absolute quiet when I am trying to concentrate on my writing or doing anything of an important nature.  
          Knowing God's will for your life doesn't have to be hard.  God made me the way I am, so He understand my concentration difficulties.  He also honors my request when I ask Him to break things down to their simplest components so I can see what He's trying to say to me.  I'm not stupid, just have trouble focusing at times.  
          How about you?  Do you have difficulty concentrating when you need to the most.  Ask God to  make things crystal clear to you, so clear that a blind man could see it.  I have literally said those words to God from time to time.  You see, in my heart I want to live for God and do exactly what He's laid out for me to do.  I don't want to take the chance of starting down the wrong path and waste time doing nothing of any eternal consequence when I could be blessing souls by planting seeds of faith.  God wants you to know His will for you and will reveal it to you in His time.  Be patient and ready to hear from Him.  rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment