Tuesday, August 12, 2014

FLYING OFF THE HANDLE

          Ever notice how quickly our cheery disposition can turn sour?  What causes that?  I wish I knew.  Baggage from the past perhaps.  Our own intolerance to a certain person or situation ... maybe.  It takes a lot to tick me off.  When I reach that point of flying off the handle it's "Katie bar the door" time.  I get to ranting and occasionally sprinkle a few unsavory words in for good measure.  When I've run out of gas I immediately dislike myself and am sorry for such a display.  I apologize to the Lord and at times reluctantly, to the party to whom I'm unleashing my fury.  It's childish at best, ugly at its worst and displeasing to the Lord any time it takes place, albeit very infrequently.  I'm not proud of that facet of my personality, just being honest.  Maybe some one reading this experiences the same type of struggle.  There is hope and forgiveness when sought.  Forgiveness doesn't just happen as if God sprinkles wiffle dust over us and we are pronounced forgiven.  We must seek it, acknowledge our wrong doing and then receive the forgiveness God freely dispenses for the asking.  I sincerely wish to eradicate any and all displeasing facets of my personality from my life.  I ask constantly for the Lord to take it from me.  I'm a work in progress.  rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment