Thursday, August 14, 2014

SOMETHING TO PONDER

     I wrote my devotional this morning and posted it (www.minidevos.blogspot.com) and wondered ... am I lukewarm?  Will the Lord spit me out of His mouth when the time comes?  I am trusting that the progressive nature of our sanctification will allow me to continue to grow in the knowledge and grace of our Lord, but reading Revelation spooks me a little bit.  I've never been able to understand a whole lot of it.  I just figured if I lived a life that was pleasing to God according to my understanding of the standards He lays out in scripture then I was doing the right thing.  I still believe that, but Revelation still spooks me.  It gives me reason to question my walk.  Am I really doing my best.  I don't think the final book of the Bible is there to scare the h*ll out of us.  I think it's there to instruct us and give us important things to consider, like all scripture.  Are we living a life for ourselves in Jesus name or are we living for Jesus by His power and grace?  Gives us something to ponder, doesn't it?  rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment