Saturday, August 30, 2014

RELIGIOUS vs. SPIRITUAL vs. RELATIONSHIP

I've run across many people lately who label themselves as spiritual. Not religious, spiritual.  For the record I don't consider myself religious at all.  Christianity to me is a relational thing, not religious at all.  I tell people I have a personal relationship with the Creator of all things.  I usually get blank stares in return but I am undeterred.  That's exactly what I believe Christianity is, a personal, intimate relationship with Almighty God.  We can draw as close to Him as we care to.  God loves us so He would never shove us away.  Being spiritual can mean too many crazy things.  I get that many people are tired of the same old same old at church and that's why some say they are spiritual, considering those who go to church regularly to be religious.  No, those who go to church are nothing more than church goers.  God desires to live in our hearts, souls and spirits.  He wants you to voluntarily submit to His leading.  No, I'm not religious either.  I'm in a personal, intimate relationship with my Lord Jesus Christ and nothing could feel any better. rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment