Monday, October 20, 2014

PROFANITY ... AGAIN

          I know I've mentioned people's use of profanity a number of times lately, but it is somewhat shocking to me the regularity with which it spews forth.  We went to a hockey game Saturday night and it seemed as though everyone around us had a distinct inability to speak without cussing repeatedly.  Lately I've been wondering if God is drawing my attention to its prevalence as a means of getting me to think twice before I open my mouth.  It's certainly possible.  Men, women, young girls and boys ... dropping F-Bombs and a variety of other colorful words.  They flow from them like water.  Now you won't go to hell for cussing, not at all.  You will go to hell for rejecting Christ and His saving work on the cross.  However, what comes out of our mouths speaks loudly regarding what we feed our minds. All this has made me all the more conscious of my own use of inappropriate verbiage.  May God have mercy on us all.  rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment