Thursday, October 23, 2014

TOTAL DISINTEREST

It has become painfully clear to me recently that people who say they believe in God and even read the Bible have no interest in drawing close to Him in a personal relationship.  They are content to sit in the same pew each Sunday morning and do their due diligence as if it were some religious requirement.  I submit to you that there will be folks who will have gone to church every Sunday morning and perhaps evening as well all their life that will not enter into heaven because they simply did it out of a sense of obligation and not to grow spiritually.  Jesus says in Matthew 7:21-23  “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.  Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’  Playing games with your eternal destination is not a good idea.  God desires for us to receive His blessings but they come with one small condition, that you seek His will and not your own.  I don't understand why people are so resistant to growing spiritually.  Perhaps is stems from the fact that all men, not just those who are unsaved, don't like being told what to do.  Submission to the will of God will lead to fulfillment in all areas of your life over time.  It's not instantaneous, it's progressive.  rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment