Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I'M NO DIFFERENT THAN YOU

          Today's devo at minidevos.blogspot.com talks about being Christ-like.  I look at myself on a daily basis and realize that I write one thing for others yet don't practice a lot of what I preach.  I suppose that is to be expected since I'm human, but it bothers me.  Who am I to say one thing and then not do it myself?  I reflect on my own inadequacies and have come up with this conclusion:  I'm learning just like you are.  If God truly is using me as a conduit to minister His word to the brethren as a means of encouragement and edification, then it stands to reason that I will be encouraged and edified as well.  I haven't arrived spiritually speaking.  Not even close.  Does that make me relatable to the masses of people who feel they can't live up to the standards set by God?  I believe it does.  I write and speak from a position of imperfection.  I am no different than you.  I have some of the same problems and put my pants on one leg at a time just like you.  My hope is that something I say will help someone in some small way to feel better about themselves and their walk with God.  We are in this thing together.  Let's shoulder each others burdens and continue on down the narrow path to heaven.  Until next time, walk with the King and be a blessing!


No comments:

Post a Comment