Thursday, February 27, 2014

LOUIS HENRY KELLER; b. July 6, 1924 - d. February 27, 2014

          Here's where reality sets in.  My father passed away earlier this morning.  While we were't all that close we had a good relationship, though it was always on his terms.  He was a bit selfish in that it was always about him.  I do, however, have very fond memories of things we did together and places we went.  While he wasn't necessarily a Dad to me, he was a father.  He always had a job and as a result always was able to provide for us.  He was honest and loyal, both qualities he passed on to me. He loved music and listened to it all the time.  He introduced me to Classical music when I was in my teens; music I love to this day. He wasn't particularly sociable, preferring to keep to himself and his family.  When my mom and then 30 some yrs later, my step-mom passed away, he remained alone.  A solitary figure doing as he pleased, though doing as he pleased meant only sitting watching TV or listening to music.  He went nowhere and knew no one.  I was his only companion the last couple years of his life.  He seemed content with that.  So he lived as he chose and died with dignity, peacefully in his bed at Kensington Court, where they took very good care of him.  May he rest in peace. rlk 


No comments:

Post a Comment