Friday, March 28, 2014

NJ DEVILS HOCKEY

           Being a Christian and rooting for a team with the name Devils can bring interesting reactions from some.  I have always loved ice hockey.  I used to be a NY Ranger fan, but switched my allegiance once Jersey got it's own team in 1981.  The NJ Devils.  Now for those who don't know, we are not talking about satan here; we are talking about the urban legend - Jersey Devil from the Pine Barren region of the state.  It's a sports team.  It's a kid's game played by men.  So I root for the Devils.  I have a Marty Brodeur (future Hall of Fame goalie) jersey, multiple caps, tee shirts & a sweatshirt.  I have framed pictures of Marty on the wall and a framed team picture there too.  Did I happen to mention that I LOVE ice hockey.  It's exciting, fast paced and just one big thrill ride for three 20 min periods.  Anyway, that's what I want to say today ... also that we were at the game last night and they lost in a shoot out 3-2 to Phoenix.  That warrants a pouty face.  Their chances of making the playoffs is slowly slipping away.  They are a very good team, but have been too inconsistent all season long.  They are currently 31-27-15.  Very average.  Oh well, there's always next season.  Not to mention that baseball starts next week ... GO YANKEES!!! (lol)  Can you tell I love sports? rlk

No comments:

Post a Comment