Thursday, March 20, 2014

THE REST OF MY LIFE

Tomorrow is my 59th birthday.  A thought crossed my mind just this morning. My father just passed away. He was 89.  If I live as long as he did that would mean I would have 30 more years of life left.  I thought of all the things I would like to accomplish in that time. Then I stopped and said to the Lord, use me to the fullest during the remaining years I have left in this life that YOU have given me.   I don't desire to be famous by worldly standards.  What I want is to be pleasing to the Lord.  I want Him to be proud of me.  I want to be spoken of as Job was or Paul or Abraham or Moses.  I want to do great things for the kingdom of God.  My future is in His hands.  How about you?  What do you want to do with the rest of your life? rlk

No comments:

Post a Comment