Wednesday, June 18, 2014

A LOOK AT PAUL'S DILEMMA

          We look to the Apostle Paul as a vital part of the beginnings of Christianity.  His missionary work was essential to its' growth.  Had he not been obedient to God's calling the church would have taken on a much different flavor.  God would have sent someone else, for His plans are never thwarted, but the church's beginnings wouldn't have had Paul's imprint.  We hold him in very high esteem and that is precisely why I marvel at his words in Romans 7:15-20.  
          Paul starts off by stating that he doesn't understand himself.  I resemble that remark.  I don't understand myself many times as well.  Things I know I shouldn't say or even think I do with a flare as if I am entertaining at the very least myself.  (I will never remain sad for long because even if no one else thinks what I say or do is funny I have this innate ability to entertain myself ... regularly.  It's a childlike quality that I embrace most readily.)  Paul marvels at his ability to say and do the wrong thing rather than the right thing and I fall right in with him in that regard.  
          I think if believers are truly honest with themselves they would agree we all struggle with that far more than we will admit.  Christ was Paul's saving grace and He is ours as well. When we act inappropriately or speak out of turn, we have a God we can turn to at any time. When we seek forgiveness with a sincere heart, we shall be forgiven.  I am very grateful we serve a patient and loving God; slow to anger, abounding in mercy and love.  rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment