Tuesday, June 17, 2014

ASSESSMENTS GONE AWRY

          How does one stop judging by physical appearance.  I can literally stand in an ice cream parlor and make an assessment of each and every person in line.  I can determine their social status, their economic status, whether they're nice or arrogant or just plain jerks.  I can determine all of this just by looking at them.  The problem is that I am more than likely incorrect in my assessment and on top of that it's displeasing to the Lord.  Very much so.  It seems to be a natural reflex with me.  I have trouble seeing folks around me the way God sees them.  I've been working on that, but I am failing miserably.  
          Fortunately for me God doesn't do that with us.  He created each of us and sees the massive potential in us all.  However, if a person doesn't understand their need for forgiveness or still worse doesn't believe God even exists, how can they reach their God given potential.  I speak of spiritual potential.  The potential that emulates Christ and leads others into His kingdom for all eternity.  Earthly potential is something we can achieve on our own with diligence and determination.  Once we become saved from the consequences of our sin our desires are supposed to start to line up with God's.  That's how we reach our spiritual potential.  
          I've been walking with the Lord for over 35 years and I still have much to learn about the ways of God.  I'm working on it.  By His grace and through His patient mercy I will continue to become more like Him each day.  I'm praying that's the case because I don't much care for the part of me that makes assessments.  rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment