Thursday, June 12, 2014

THE STRUGGLE

How much time are we supposed to spend with God a day?  How much time should be spend in prayer?  How can I truly be like Christ when I am so painfully lacking in His attributes?  Good questions, every one of them.  What's the answer?  I have no idea.  I have received applause for my transparency and candidness, which is great, but I am no closer to the answer than the next guy.  I feel very much like Paul when he writes in Romans:

15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, buthow to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. (Romans 7:15-20 NKJV)


Our help comes from Christ and Him alone.  There is no other help coming that will eliminate the struggle to be all we can be in Christ.  We are painfully human and always shall be.  We will always fall short, therefore we will always need Christ.  If we could do it on our own He never would have had to die in the first place.  rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment