Monday, June 16, 2014

LIFE CAN BE RANDOM - MY TAKE

       Life can be confusing and more difficult then it's meant to be when we think about things too much.  Know what I mean?  I try to go with the flow of things as much as possible, but people and things get in the way.  I try to mind my own business and be at peace with all men as much as it is up to me.  I find myself liking my dogs a whole lot more than people a lot of the time.  People have agendas.  People can be controlling.  People can be users.  We are called to love all these people regardless of who they are, what they've done or where they've been (OR what they happen to believe).  Not everyone is going to believe like I do.  They don't have to.  
       I struggle with how to broach the subject of sin and forgiveness in a loving, nonjudgmental, non confrontational way.  When folks ask what I do for a living I tell them I'm currently unemployed, but I have written and had published 3 books over the last couple years.  They ask me what kind of books.  Whether I say "Christian" or "Inspirational" I get the same curious responses.  Some folks give me a head nod and a "good for you" or "I think that's great" ... end of discussion ... subject abruptly changed.  Because of some of the polarizing things some believers say and do in the world today, all Christians tend to suffer from the fall out.  We are lumped together into one be mass of hysteria called "Bible Thumpers".  I'm relatively passive by comparison.  I struggle with how people feel about me.  I don't want them to hate me or avoid me because of my beliefs, but I haven't let that alter my lifestyle.  I understand they are only reacting to the mention of God and not hating or  avoiding me because of me.  It's not supposed to bother me, but it kinda does ... a little.  It causes me to be quiet a lot more at times.  Unless of course you want to talk about neutral topics like sports or photography or sports or music or sports ... (uh, did I happen to mention sports.)  Am I copping out?  Am I side stepping the real issues at hand.  Or am I trying to develop an association using common turf lingo to establish a foundation so that I can tell them about my faith once they've let me into their little microcosmic world.  I don't know.  I'm trying to allow the Lord to guide me.  Sometimes I think I'm just operating within my comfort zone, fighting to stay there rather than branch out.  We should pray for believers the world round that we all would listen to the Lord's leading more and our own emotions and feelings less.  Know what I mean?  rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment