Thursday, June 19, 2014

ARE WE LIKE DOGS?

          A thought just crossed my mind.  We're a little like dogs when it comes to our relationship with God.  When dogs are hungry, they bark.  When they need to go out, they bark.  When they want your attention, they bark.  Are we really all that different?  When we want something from the Lord we call out to Him.  Do we converse with Him other times?  Generally speaking, no, not really.  We become caught up in our day and at times forget all about who hung the moon and the stars in the sky until we need Him again.  Kind of a one sided deal, wouldn't you say?  God desires fellowship with us.  He desires for us to worship Him and praise His name.  Our free will provides no clauses that bind us to required worship of Him.  We are supposed to do it simply because of who He is and who we are in Him.  rlkeller

DISCLAIMER:  Before someone gets all offended, thinking I am calling them a dog, let me point out that it's nothing more than an illustration of how our actions resemble in some small way that of a dog.  I could have used an infant just as easily, but a dog is what entered my mind first.  In this age of political correctness, if I've offended anyone with this illustration I am sorry.  It was unintentional.  rlk

No comments:

Post a Comment