Monday, June 23, 2014

A PRAYER

I'm back.  Saturday was a crazy day.  No time to write.  A new week starts today.  I wanted to post the prayer of confession from our service yesterday.  I believe it's worth repeating, as they often are.  If you agree with this, pray it aloud to the Lord yourself.  

"Holy God, in Your presence I are calm & strong.  But too often the troubles & busyness of the world pulls me away from You.  I worry about many things: how to provide for those I love, how to spend my limited time, how to behave in a world that judges by appearances.  God of mercy, forgive me that I lack trust in Your constant care of my life.  In Your compassion, restore my faith in Your power & will to order & provide for my lives.  I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen."

I took the liberty of replacing 3rd person pronouns with first person to make the prayer more individual and therefore, more personal.  rlkeller

No comments:

Post a Comment